1. ABOUT US
1.1 We are Fortress Global, Inc. a technology and security company that is registered in state of Delaware (“Fortress”, “We” or “Us”). Our registered address is: 1201 Orange Street, Suite 600, Wilmington, Delaware 19801.
1.2 We provide You the end user (“You”, “Your” or “You’ll”) the Fortress website and related websites (“Sites”) which are accessible at Yourfortress.com and the Fortress mobile applications (“App”) for Your mobile phone or other connected device (“Device”) on the following terms and conditions (“Terms”). In order to access our various services (each a “Service” collectively “Services”), You must download the App, join and select a membership tier (“Tier”).
2.2. By using our Sites, Apps or Services, you are agreeing that we may store and access cookies on your Device in accordance with this Cookies Policy.
3. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
3.1. Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit and to collect information about what you do on that website. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
3.2. There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help us to remember your username and preferences, analyse how well our website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
3.3. Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, if you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our websites, or a user’s general location.
4. WHAT SORT OF COOKIES DOES FORTRESS USE?
4.1. Generally, our cookies perform up to four different functions:
4.1.1. ESSENTIAL COOKIES: Some cookies are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify subscribers and ensure they can access the subscription only pages. If you disable these cookies, you will not be able to access all of the content that a subscription entitles you to.
4.1.2. PERFORMANCE COOKIES: We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. We might also use these cookies to highlight articles or site services that we think will be of interest to you based on your usage of the website.
4.1.3. FUNCTIONAL COOKIES: We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you access the site, and recall your customisation preferences, such as which regional edition of the website you want to see when you log in. We also use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services such as allowing you to watch a video online or comment on a blog.
5.1. Advertisers sometimes use their own cookies to provide you with targeted advertising. For example, advertisers may use a profile they have built on sites that you have previously visited to present you with more relevant advertisements during your visit to YourFortress.com. We believe that it is useful to our users to see advertisements that are more relevant to their interests. If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices
5.2. We also use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the four categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy.
6. CAN A WEBSITE USER BLOCK COOKIES?
6.1. As we’ve explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of our websites.
6.2. However, if you do wish to disable our cookies then please follow the instructions in paragraphs 8, 9 & 10 of this document.
6.3. Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly
7. DO WE TRACK WHETHER USERS OPEN OUR EMAILS?
7.1. Our emails may contain a single, campaign-unique “web beacon pixel” to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links or advertisements within the email.
7.2. We may use this information for purposes including determining which of our emails are more interesting to users, to query whether users who do not open our emails wish to continue receiving them and to inform our advertisers in aggregate how many users have clicked on their advertisements. The pixel will be deleted when you delete the email. If you do not wish the pixel to be downloaded to your device, you should select to receive emails from us in plain text rather than HTML.
8. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
8.1. As we explain above, cookies help you to get the most out of our websites. You may, however, disable cookies as set out in paragraphs 9 and 10 below.
8.2. We currently do not support Do Not Track browser settings, but are committed to supporting it in the future once there is a consistent industry standard for compliance.
8.3. If You choose to decline cookies, You may not be able to fully use the Sites, Services, or App.
9. HOW TO DISABLE BEHAVIOURALLY TARGETED ADVERTISING COOKIES
9.1. If you are concerned about behaviourally targeted advertising cookies (which serve you advertisements based on your use of YourFortress.com and other websites), users based in the US can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ to opt out of these third party cookies. Please Note: The aforementioned websites are not Fortress sites and we are not responsible for their content.
10. HOW TO ENABLE AND DISABLE COOKIES USING YOUR BROWSER
10.1. Google Chrome
1) Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
2) Select Settings
3) Click ‘Show advanced settings’
4) In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
5) To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
6) To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
7) Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
10.2. Microsoft Internet Explorer
1) Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’
2) In the options window navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab
3) To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
4) To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
5) Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
10.3. Mozilla Firefox
1) Click on ‘Tools’ at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
2) Select the Privacy panel
3) To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
4) To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
5) Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
1) Click on ‘Setting’ at the browser menu and select ‘Settings’
2) Select ‘Quick Preferences’
3) To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
4) To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
5) Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software:http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
10.5. Safari on OSX
1) Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2) Click on ‘Security’
3) To enable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
4) To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
5) Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/en/9277.html
10.6. All other browsers
Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
11. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
11.1. This notification is required under California law. Under California law, California residents may opt-out of Fortress disclosing Personal Information about them to third parties for their marketing purposes. If You are a California resident and do not want Fortress to disclose Your information to other companies for their marketing purposes, please contact Fortress by any of the ways described in the Contact Us section of this Cookies Policy.
11.2. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of Personal Information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of such information, please contact Fortress by any of the ways described in the Contact Us section of the Cookies Policy, and Fortress will respond within 30 days as required by law.
12. CONTACT US
The Privacy Officer
Fortress Global, Inc.,